Tips and Tricks : VALENTINES DAY. DATE NIGHT. DONE RIGHT.
February the 14th marks the international date of celebrating love and there are so many ways to show your significant other or your best friends you love them. No one can resist a personlised canister filled with chocolates or even your own little surprise.
'Be My Valentine?' Canisters For Valentine's Day
DIY Materials You'll Need:
Before we jump into the instructions, the canisters we’ve used here are from Kmart. They don’t have to be overpriced to make them special.
1. Create a new artwork file from Adobe Illustrator then follow through by creating cut path for your artwork. Follow this link to learn how to cut path.
2. Before applying any vinyl to the bottle, ensure it is thoroughly cleaned with surface cleaner or Isopropyl Alcohol. This will provide ultimate adhesion resulting in less bubbles appearing.
3. We used the Roland CAMM-1 GS-24 Desktop Cutter, which solely focuses on cutting the silhouette of your design. Make sure to save the artwork as a PDF or EPS, depending on your cutters RIP software, and copy the file to a USB.
4. Insert the vinyl into the cutting machine. To secure the vinyl, adjust the pinch rollers to fit the width then push the clamps down. This will provide security to the film.
5. Cut the final artwork and release the media clamps to remove your vinyl.
6. Weed the excess vinyl around your artwork.
7. Once the weeding is completed, carefully lay a sheet of application tape on the vinyl and press down with a squeegee. This will transfer your weeded design onto the application tape.
8. From here we grab the canisters, remove the graphics from the liner and use the squeegee to apply firm pressure on the tape which will activate the vinyl’s adhesive on the bottle.
9. Remove the application tape and re-squeegee to ensure your graphics hasn’t lifted
So, if you’re looking for a light romantic laugh on Valentine’s Day. You can download the PDF files ‘Be My Valentine?’ or make your own unique designs. Hopefully these punny valentine idea can go along way and brighten your Valentine’s day.